Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Does this mean I'm a twit?

I gave in. I tried to resist the Twittering craze, initially, but found my resistance slowly eroded after hearing etsian after etsian rave about how much they loved it.

Of course, my initial resistance was not entirely principled--unless you count "fear of another time sink addiction" as a principle, that is. But I could--and did, to some family members--make very highfalutin arguments against Twitter, revolving around the rapid disappearance of private life, our willingness to facilitate that, and blah blah blah.

Apparently, I am full of hot air. Then again, that's probably not news to any of you. It's definitely not news to my cats; that must be why they like to be so near me during the winter time--free heat ;)

So now I'm wondering--how many of you Twitter, and enjoy reading Tweets? What kind of tweets would you like to see from me? You can check out my twitter page here.

Feel free to leave your twitter id here in a comment if you're a regular reader of my blog. If you're not, sorry, tough cookies, no spam twitter promoting allowed because I'm a big mean bully. Or something like that. :p

p.s. (added a few hours after the initial post) I made my own Twitter widget to match my blog--it's on the left--let me know what you think of it (I used a portion of a new design I've been working on)

8 bits of commenty goodness:

Deb DiSalvo said... 1/13/09, 7:35 AM

Hey - I just joined twitter this past weekend! I don't understand it yet. I think I've only posted one thing! I LOVE your badge you made - too frickin cute!
Going to go and follow you on twitter now.
Cheers,
Deb

Mishkat said... 1/13/09, 9:20 AM

I am resisting Twitter also - it's the time factor! I spend too much time on Blogger and Flickr as it is.

I really like your badge - can't wait to see the finished art piece.

ABrushWithHumor said... 1/13/09, 10:00 AM

Welcome twit! I'm following you now!

Robin

Lenox Knits said... 1/13/09, 2:11 PM

I just can't decide about twitter either. I see it as a waste of time personally but so many people seem to love it so there must be something I'm missing.

Ailurophile said... 1/14/09, 5:40 AM

Twitter is fun. I've used it off and on for a while now. Always fun when I twitter with some regularity. The new widget looks fine! Have a great week :)

Bonhomie said... 1/15/09, 8:01 AM

I like your twitter badge! I've been kinda twitter-lax lately. Best of luck with it!

Lux said... 1/15/09, 10:39 PM

Your Twitter kitty is so *cute!!!

renovia said... 1/25/09, 1:31 PM

Oh My, I just started yesterday and it's WAY addicting. It's definitely enhanced views in my shop and it's pretty funny. It's so funny I added my cats - so now they have their own twitter. And they follow other cats. It's cute.

endlesswhimsy
TwoCatsTooFunny