Monday, April 5, 2010

I wish this waiting room had kitties

I'm currently sitting in a waiting room. Waiting rooms are, as everyone knows, the height of excitement.

When you're in a waiting room for an extra hour because you got the appointment time wrong they're that much more exciting though. ;-)

I think cute kittens should be made a new standard feature for waiting rooms. They could replace the pointless magazines no-one really reads. At least I have pictures of my kitties on my phone to play around with, like this one of Allie Mae.

Actually, she might volunteer to be a waiting room kitty. She loves meeting new people, and she might prefer that to being the perpetual subject of my experiments with Photoshop :)

6 bits of commenty goodness:

Cindi Myers said... 4/5/10, 8:11 PM

At my "Day Job" I work at a veterinarian clinic (actually I'm the Boarding Manager)and up front in the lobby we have a couple of kitties that wander around the clients. Sometimes they sit at the door waiting to be let in and out.
Back in my boarding area I have a whole room dedicated to just cats (I painted the walls with trees and birds for their enjoyment!) If you go back in my blog you can see it and some of my own cats that live there. So, yes I agree! All waiting rooms should have cats!

Laura said... 4/5/10, 10:48 PM

My allergy office needs kitties - wouldn't that be a hoot - cats in an allergy office? It would be 100 times better than magazines from 2007!

BeadedTail said... 4/5/10, 11:47 PM

No one would mind waiting if there were kitties to play with!

Mishkat said... 4/6/10, 11:08 AM

I think that's a great idea! (I had to sit in the waiting room at my auto mechanics for 4 hours the other day and could have used a few kitties for distraction!)

Re the litter - the non-clay that I like is "World's Best" (I haven't tried them all, though!) It's kind of expensive, but it's made out of corn and I don't think it smells at all. It's scoopable and when you are done with it, it can go in the compost pile. We thought it controlled odor just as well as clay litter. The problem was the cost, and the fact that Dobby didn't like it very much (at least we think that's what he didn't like - who knows!)

SewCalGal said... 4/6/10, 11:07 PM

I agree...waiting rooms should have entertaining and affectionate kitties, or at least some cute kittie art!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

cabin + cub said... 4/7/10, 2:48 PM

that would make waiting way more fun! waiting rooms are always so dull.