Saturday, April 10, 2010

My latest cat-in-progress

I've been working on this cat sculpture a bit more. Once I finish with the sculpting (I still need to sculpt up that curved pencil line into a tail) I'll be painting him. These stripes were kind of a trial idea--I'm not sure I like them though.

I am also considering doing a solid black with a textured gloss, or maybe some kind of abstract design. What do you all think?

5 bits of commenty goodness:

Laura said... 4/10/10, 9:31 PM

I like the stripes! But, I'm partial to tabby cats and love their stripes and dots!

SewCalGal said... 4/11/10, 9:15 PM

Looks good to me and your ideas sound fine...Can't wait to see it when you have it finished. I'm sure it will be delightful.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Mishkat said... 4/14/10, 8:55 PM

Love the overall sculpture. I would like the stripes more if they were less "brushstrokey" (if that makes sense!) You are very good at doing organic lines and shapes (as in "Kitty Love") so maybe if they looked more like that?

BTW, not sure if you've seen the sculpture that Renovia (endlesswhimsy on Etsy) makes - she does mostly cats. She has a completely different style, but maybe a look at her stuff would spark some ideas. She's also a cat blogger :).

Cindi Myers said... 4/15/10, 11:28 PM

I think you already know what I would say! LOL!

cabin + cub said... 4/16/10, 11:57 AM

awww. very cute! i like the stripes too! ;)