Saturday, March 21, 2009

Wait, I thought woot was my thing


(A guest post from Snacker.)

Shortly after I was brought home, I noticed my parents using this strange word around me...and they used it all the time: woot. They'd call me a woot-hog, the woot usurper, woot desperado, and so on. Eventually I figured out that when they said woot they meant some weird combination of affection and cuteness (one day I heard mom tell a friend that it was based on the phrase "cuteness de wootness," which was apparently used by a kindergarten teacher mom knew).

Anyway, once I figured out what they meant, I got it. I mean, I'm always running around begging for affection and doing cute things to get it, like standing up on my hind legs, and rolling over onto my back, and mewling pitifully. So I was like, yeah, bring on the woot, I love me some woot!

So you can imagine my confusion when I discovered that woot has a totally different meaning online, and has nothing to do with cute affection, or anything like that. I'd found this woot widget on blogger that I was trying to get Mom to add to her blog, but she showed me the site it linked to. Dad snapped a picture of me reading up on woot.com--I was very disappointed to see that it apparently is a weird kind of electronics store. I was hoping I'd find some great deals on woot--not crazy computer stuff.

Sigh. So now I'm terribly disappointed. If anyone wants to send me some woot in the form of psychic pats, chin skritches, belly rubs and so on please do--this woot.com thing has me all depressed.

4 bits of commenty goodness:

storybeader said... 3/21/09, 11:43 PM

now I've heard this woot before too...never looked it up. Just thought it was a made-up word. For many people, I guess!

ChezChani said... 3/22/09, 2:24 PM

Whiskers up Snacker...this does not take anything away from your complete and total cuteness.

Boutique By Bonnie said... 3/22/09, 6:06 PM

I think your version of woot is better, and they can never take it away from you!

Mishkat said... 3/23/09, 8:10 AM

That's a great photo! I love all those nicknames too - your parents are quite creative!